Monday, October 1, 2012

Who's with me?

Friends, if you do nothing else for me.. please read this article.
 
 If, at the end, you still don't understand why I'm so passionate about helping children like Katie and Christiana... you never will.

 "If not me, then who?" That is my motto... the words I now live by. It's the thought that makes me stand up straight and forge ahead with all the fundraising, begging, criticism, and stress from this adoption process.

So many times in the past I've seen horrible things and thought "Someone should change that!" or "Someone should DO something".

...
I've finally realized that passing the buck not only doesn't help... it makes things worse. By turning away, I was helping things get worse, not better. There are too many of us saying "Someone should do something" while we stand by and let these horrible things happen again and again. If each of us did SOMETHING... things like this would stop.

Susanna Musser did it. She and Toni stood up and made a difference. Two people (and the thousands who prayed along with them) made a difference for over TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY children!

Just imagine what would happen if two hundred and fifty of YOU stood up like Susanna and Toni and said "If not me, then who?"... and then did something to help.
I've gotten in line to help. Won't you join me?

If you think there is nothing you can do to help or that the little that you can do won't make a difference, you're wrong. Very, very wrong.

Please contact me and let me tell you exactly how you can help. Even if you don't have a single penny to share or very little extra time in your day... you CAN still help one of these children find their forever family and you can also make sure their family is able to bring them safely home.
I promise... you CAN help. You just have to be willing to stand up and say "If not me, then who?" and step forward.

 Who's with me? 

 

3 comments:

  1. I am a huge Blessing of Verity fan, and I loved that post, of course. I also donated stuff to your hidden treasures auction... not to toot my own horn, but I am just so thrilled to be able to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree with the "if not me, then who?" statement. We each need to take personal responsibility.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you we should sell t-shirts for your adoption that say that!!

      Delete